When you’re swinging on the fridge door wishing chocolate would appear (surely I can’t be the only one!), try this banana split to curb you cravings 😍 . The cottage cheese is a great source of protein which will help fill you up, meaning less time swinging on the fridge door! It literally takes 3 minutes (if that!) to make, so you can’t say to yourself you can’t be bothered to make something healthy because it’s so darn quick! This recipe is also great as a breakfast or post workout snack as it has both carbohydrates to replenish energy stores and protein to help with muscle recovery. It’s also low in FODMAPs for those with IBS.
Topping your high protein banana spilt
I’ve topped my banana split with creamy cottage cheese, chia seeds, sunflower seeds and some fresh blueberries and raspberries. Strawberries, kiwi fruit, cacao nibs or any other fruit, nuts or seeds would work really well with this banana and cottage cheese too. Get creative with what you have, the essentials are really the banana and the cottage cheese!
High Protein Cottage Cheese Banana Split Recipe
- 1 Banana
- 2 tablespoons cottage cheese (NB if not following a low FODMAP diet or lactose isn't a trigger for your IBS you can increase this to 3 tablespoons)
- handful of raspberries
- handful of blueberries
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp sunflower seeds
- Cut the banana lengthways and dollop cottage cheese down the centre.
- Top with remaining ingredients and serve immediately
If you make this as a breakfast rather than a snack, I would recommend topping with some refined sugar free, low GI granola or muesli.
You can also subscribe to my newsletter and I’ll send a link to this post straight to your inbox this week so you don’t forget to make it. This also means you’ll get other healthy recipes like this weekly too! WOOHOO! Don’t forget to tag @eatprayworkout #EPWtribe on instagram or FB if you make any of my recipes and I’ll share it on my stories.
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- 2021 pop workout playlist + WIN a pair of wireless headphones! - February 1, 2021
- Getting your period back after having a baby - November 25, 2020
- Strategies to stop Emotional Eating - August 20, 2020