I love Mediterranean flavours! I associate these flavours with warm weather and long summer nights, which is exactly where we find ourselves here in Sydney! It’s honestly my favourite time of year. I’ve used these flavours to create a warm, nourishing dinner bowl that I plan on eating on my verandah tonight! It’s quick and simple to create and a perfect dinner for two. Even better it’s vegan, gluten free and FODMAP friendly and most of the ingredients you will already have in the cupboard.
Mediterranean Dinner Bowl Recipe
- 1 C brown rice
- 125 g mixed olives
- 1 capsicum
- ½ punnet cherry tomatoes (about 12)
- ½ can mixed beans
- pinch of paprika
- FOR THE DRESSING:
- ¼ C tahini
- ¼ C warm water
- ½ T lemon juice
- ½ tsp oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook brown rice as per instructions.
- While the rice cooks, make the dressing by adding all the ingredients to a small bowl, and whisking well. Add extra water, 1 tablespoon at a time, if you prefer your dressing runnier.
- Dice capsicum into large pieces, and cook in a pan over a high heat for a few minutes.
- Lower the heat, add tomatoes, and olives into the pan. If your olives were sitting in a marinade, add this also! If not, drizzle with a little olive oil, a sprinkle of salt, and a pinch of oregano, and warm through.
- Drain and rinse beans.
- Once the rice is cooked, assemble all elements in a bowl, and drizzle with plenty of dressing!
So give it a go – let me know in the comments below what you think!
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- 2021 pop workout playlist + WIN a pair of wireless headphones! - February 1, 2021
- Getting your period back after having a baby - November 25, 2020
- Strategies to stop Emotional Eating - August 20, 2020